tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Jul 11 19:17:57 1994

word for "guile"

   * Quoting Klingon Language List to Jennifer James
   * On Stardate 07-07-94  14:46

jatlhpu' David Barron:

 KLL> Like Jennifer, I too, like the word  "guile".

batlh'a' chonob

 KLL> My dictionary (Webster's English) defines "guile"  as " sly deseption"
 KLL> I think   'ong   "cunning" works well.

But that still leaves us with the problem of whether or not you can
form a compound from a verb and a noun.  Any official word on that
problem?  I think mu'qaD gives us a good precedent for mu'ong.
(That is, unless I've transliterated the word for "curse"
incorrectly from PK, in which case, Hagh qoHpu' neH HeghtaHvIs
SuvwI'pu'.)

Jennifer James
Internet: [email protected]
___ Blue Wave/QWK v2.12