tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Jul 10 04:58:28 1994

Hey there...

>From: "William H. Martin" <[email protected]>
>Date: Sun, 10 Jul 94 13:59:07 EDT

>mupqa' veqlargh!

This is something I've been meaning to comment on a few times.  "mup" is
"strike", but in the sense of "impact" (see the definition).  It's what an
asteroid does to a planet, or my fist to your cheek.  The term "strike" as
in "The Shadow strikes again" means more like "acts" or "attacks".  Hence
the Okrandian version of the proverb you're trying to say: HIvqa' veqlargh.

>charghwI'

~mark

Back to archive top level