tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Jul 10 02:26:47 1994

Re: KLBC (old): RE: News and Announcements

According to HoD trI'Qal:

> Actually, I would make one other change.  In this translation, the idea that
> you are looking to *find* that side of the tribble is lost.  But we have a
> verb suffix for that:  -meH.  So we throw in there somewhere that we are
> listening *for the purpose of finding* that side.  The verb for "to find" is
> <tu'>:
>
> 	yIH chuSbogh Dop Datu'meH yI'Ij.
> 	"Listen in order that you find the side with is noisy of the tribble."

Is this right? It makes {yIH} look like the object of {chuS},
which is intransitive. I'd vote for:

chuSbogh yIH Dop'e' Datu'meH yI'Ij.

It might be even clearer as:

yIH Dop chuS Datu'meH yI'Ij.

"Listen in order to find the tribble's noisy side."

charghwI'

Back to archive top level