tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Jul 09 21:10:32 1994

Re: DaqDaq?

Hu'tegh! nuq ja' Heidi Wessman jay'?

=Hmmm... thinks chuQun,  "What if--"  Nah.  Or, "How about--"  nope, not
=that either.  "I know!  What if we got together all our sticky questions,
=created a report, and pestered him long enough?  It's the bureaucratic
=way, ain't it?"

I think we've actually done that. I think. In fact, something like that did
in fact work once before. Which is why we now have the word for music. But
compared to what we've wanted to ask over the years, it was slim pickings.
We keep saying "well, we should gather some queries again", but we usually
end up working them out ourselves.

=But upon further thought, it too fell.  "G'dayt!" she
=cursed, stumped.  "Too bad KLI didn't have the power to say 'yea' or 'nay'
=in this matter."

In a manner of speaking, we do. At least on the mailing list, we have arrived
at consensuses (often bloodily ;) ). There are huge problems about where
authority resides, both within and outside the list; but I think we actually
have a very good, Okrand-independent idea of what good Klingon looks like.

Nick.

Back to archive top level