tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Jul 09 06:44:28 1994

KLBC (old): RE: HIjatlh!

>lIhwi'vo':
>
>> For your first message, introduce yourself to the list (in Klingon if
>> you can). Include information about any "handles" you might be using
>> so that people will know how to address you.
>
>"lengwI'" tupong tlhIH.  vIparHa'DI' De' law' Saja' jIH.

nuqneH, lengwI'!

HoD trI'Qal jIH.

New students are encouraged to put KLBC at the beginning of their subject
lines.  I am no longer the BG, but I am sure that the current BG will give you
lots of info about the KLBC as soon as he sees this. {{;)

majQa'!  I am pleased you made your introduction in Hol!  A few corrections
for your post... since you are so willing to learn!

You don't need to include pronouns, when they are in the verb prefix.  Doing
so isn't *wrong*, but Klingons generally try to keep things as short as
possible... so feel free not to include tlhIH, jIH, SoH, etc, if they are
already in the prefix.  EXCELLENT job on your verb prefixes, too!  Many
students have problems with those to begin with, but you didn't seem to.
majQa'!!!!

I was a bit confused with the second sentence, though... "As soon as I like
it, I tell you many pieces of data"?  As soon as you like what?  The name?

>tlhIngan HolwIj Soy'.  tuqeS.

Ouch.  Your first boo-boo.  The verb comes before the subject.  I think you
were trying to say " My Klingon is clumsy"?  Well, you ended up saying "My
clumsy Klingon."  Word-order should have been:

	Soy' tlhIngan HolwIj
	"My Klingon is clumsy"

ghobe'!  qabbe'qu' tlhIngan HollIj!

--HoD trI'Qal

Translations:

Hi, lengwI'!
I am HoD trI'Qal.

No, your Klginons isn't bad at all!

>[email protected]
>"Hoch lenglI'wI' chIlbe'." -- Bilbo

"He/she/it doesn't lose one who travels of all"

--tQ

Back to archive top level