tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Jul 09 04:24:52 1994

KLBC (old): RE: jIQuchba'taH

Lisa.Stappvo':

>ghube' ghajta' be'nI'wI'

majQa'!  SaHoy'qu'!

"to have a child" is an Englidh idiom.  (I think.)  Why not use the verb "to
be born", with -moH, the causative, attached?

	ghube' boghmoHta' be'nI'wI'
	"My sister intentionally caused to be born a babygirl"

<ghube'> threw me (but that was my fault, as I was parsing it wrong).  I
understand you wanted it to be clear it was a child, but I think the concept
of causing her to be born would get that across?  <puqbe'> works nicely,
too... what you have is perfectly okay, though.

>cha' puqbe'pu' ghaj be'nI'wI' je loDnalDaj

maj!  This is all okay... except that the conjunction <je> must come *after*
what it being joined (p. 55):

	cha' puqbe'pu' ghaj be'nI'wI' loDnalDaj je
	"My sister and her husband have two daughters."

'IHqu'!

Keep translating...!

--HoD trI'Qal

Translations: