tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Jul 08 06:14:36 1994

KLBC-QI'tu'Homna' parHa' yIget

KLBC:

OK, since my version of "Hand" was really bad :(  I decided to try a more
klingonesque(sorry) song.  "Run Like Hell" from "The Wall" .

I think that I got the suffixes+affixes better this time, but I am
pretty sure that the sentense construction is really, really bad.
But hey, I'm a beginner, give me a break. :)

I divded it up into 3 parts:
1.   tlhIngan-Hol
2.   tlhIngon-Hol w/ the translation that I got (I hope)
3.   the actual words to the song in English.  As you will see, I had to
	take a LOT of liberties.  :)

I want to explain how I got the tlhIngan title:

	QI'tu'Homna' parHa' yIget

I took the word QI'tu' (paradise) added the suffix -Hom (diminutive)
thus diminishing paradise, (almot a not paradise) and then added the na'
(definite) thus coming up with, definite opposite of paradise.  It was
the closest thing to hell that I could find.

PART 1:

QI'tu'Homna' parHa' yIget

yIget (yelled 16 times)
qablIj yIchoHqu' jechlIj wa'Dich
wuSDu'lIj DaSoQmoH  'ej mInDu'lIj DaleghtaHbe'
QuchtaH DachIm  'ej tIqlIj Daghung
qunlIj Dujus DaHot
toDujlIj yu'ta' HoHpu'DI' SuvwI'pu'
'ej qorDu'lIj juH luHIvta' romuluSnganpu'
bIgetqu'

yIget (yrelled 16 times)
jaj Hoch yIgetqu' 'ej jaj ram yIget
'ej bIQubta' lam DaQol
'ej juplI' be'Hom ramvam Dalelchugh
mIchDaq pegh yIpolqu' lupDujHom
pa' watlhlI' datlhap bInIDlI' nIleghchygh
nIHoHlI' 'ej pengDaq qIj nIngeH juH
bIgetqu'

PART 2:

QI'tu'Homna' parHa' yIget - Run Like Hell

yIget - RUN! (yelled 16 times)

qablIj yIchoH jechlIj wa'DIch
	You better change your face to your first disguise

wuSDu'lIj DaSoQmoH 'ej mInDu'lIj DaleghtaHbe'
	(with) your shut lips and your not seeing eyes

QuchtaH DachIm 'ej tiqlIj Daghung
	(with) your empty happiness and your hungry heart

qunlIj Dujus DaHot
	you feel your history overtake you

toDujlIj yu'ta' HoHpu'DI' SuvwI'pu'
	(with) your courage questioned when the warriors killed

'ej qorDu'lIj juH luHIvta' romuluSnganpu'
	and the Romulans attacked your family home

bIgetqu'
	you better run!

yIget - RUN! (Yelled 16 times)

jaj Hoch yIgetqu' 'ej jaj ram yIget
	You better run all day and run all night

ej' bIqubta' lam DaQol
	and beam away your dirty thoughts

'ej juplI' be'Hom ramvam Dalelchugh
	and if you take out your girlfriend this night

mIchDaq pegh yIpolqu' lupDujHom
	you better keep the shuttlecraft in a secret sector

pa' watlhlI' Datlhap bInIDlI' nIleghchugh
	If they see you there trying to take her purity

nIHoHlI' 'ej pengDaq qIj nIgeH juH
	they will kill you and send you home in a black torpedo

bIgetqu'
	you better run!

PART 3:

Run Like Hell

RUN (Yelled 16 times)
You better make your face up in you favorite disguise
With you button down lips and your roller-blind eyes
with your empty smile and you hungry heart
feel the bile rising from your guilty past
with your nerves in tatters as the cockshell tatters
and the hammers batter down your door
you better run!

You better run all day and run all night
and keep your dirty feelings deep inside
and if your taking your girlfriend out tonight
you better park the car well out of sight
'cause if they catch you in the backseat trying to pick her locks
they're gonna send you back to mother in a cardboard box
you better run!

Well, thats it.  Sorry so long, but I wanted to get it all in.

b'ret

Rainbow V .99 for Delphi - Copy Not Registered

Back to archive top level