tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Jul 06 06:25:19 1994

Re: The Victory of the Hunter

On Wed, 6 Jul 1994, Mark E. Shoulson wrote:

> >yay wamwI'  (The Victory of the Hunter)
>
> Still got the title backwards.  Remember, when you're trying to use a
> noun-noun construction, pretend there's an "'s" after the first word and
> read it in order.  I have the same problem; Hebrew does its noun-noun the
> other way too.  This is "victory's hunter", which is a nice title... of a
> different poem.

*sigh*  I must have Klingon word order dyslexia, or something. Oh well.

> >logh'a' HurghghachDaq,
>
> Huh!  Let Glen say you can use "Hurgh" as a noun here!  That's "pickle"!

It is NOT pickle.  Page 89.  Hurgh:  to be dark.  Thus, Hurghghach =
darkness.  Give me a break!!!!

> Much better.  And very very nice reading indeed!
>
> ~mark

Why thank you.  :-)

DrujIv

Back to archive top level