tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Jul 06 02:56:52 1994

Re: Klingon courses

On Sat, 2 Jul 1994, Badger wrote:
> Richard, you requested information on Klingon courses. One data point incoming!
>
> I am teaching a course in "Klingon Language and Culture" this fall at
> my local community college (Wake Technical Community College, Raleigh
> North Carolina, USA).
>
> The course is offered through the Continuing Education Division, and so
> does not count for credit towards a degree. However, my boss has the
> course down with a LAN prefix for the course number, and is treating
> it exactly as seriously as a non-credit course in conversational
> German, Franch, or Arabic, all of which are being offered this quarter as
> well.
>
> Just a contribution. I'd be interested in hearing about others myself.

I, too, teach a beginning Conversational Klingon course at the local
Community School (Evergreen Community School in Salt Lake City, Utah)  It
is a real basic course, total hours 9-12, depending on the quarter.  It
teaches the beginnings of the language.  The summer quarter, I adapted it
for children.  As soon as my brain gets back from L.A. and I can reclaim
my body from strep throat, I'll post my experiences and findings in
teaching Klingon to Children.

[email protected]

Back to archive top level