tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Jul 03 22:10:28 1994

Re: Klingon courses

>On Fri, 1 Jul 94 17:41:37 BST, [email protected] (Richard Kennaway) said:

> Several universities give Klingon courses.  How serious are these?  Are
> they examined?  Do they count for credit towards a degree?

> Which universities give these courses?  Katrin Erk mentioned recently that
> she was teaching a course at Koblenz, which is particularly interesting, as
> some people, especially Europeans, might see Klingon courses as, well,
> rather an, er, American concept.

No, no, I'm NOT teaching, I'm just a student. The Klingon course at
Koblenz is a - what on earth DO you call that in English? We call it a
"Seminar", which means that it is a course with an overall topic,
e.g. The Klingon Language, where every week one of the students is to speak
on some sub-topic, e.g. Klingon Nouns, Klingon Semantics, and the
professor normally doesn't talk much but just gives out the sub-topics.

It is a course of the department of computational linguistics.

Katrin

Back to archive top level