tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Jul 05 16:02:07 1994

Re: transcriptions

************************* From: [email protected] ****************************
*  Access our worldwide interactive FAXified(sm) Database...toll-free at  *
*  1-800-947-3650, enter "054" for instructions.  Hundreds of catagories! *
*  Access our ftp site for many unusual and interesting files:            *
*  Server: mary.iia.org  /pub/users/patriot  *  Read file descript.ion    *

On Tue, 5 Jul 1994, Erich Schneider wrote:

> Susan Farmer:
>
> I tried to mail you this, but couldn't. Maybe it's of interest to
> others. It's a transcription of all of the Klingon parts of
> _Conversational Klingon_, with a few annotations.
>
> -QumpIn 'avrIn aka Erich Schneider
>  [email protected]
>
> -- cut here --
> <intro part - battle scene>
>
> tlhIngan Hol DaHaDrup'a'
> maj
> yIqIm, yIbuS!
> Qapla'
>
> <Pronounciation>
> Qu'vatlh
> toDSaH
> ghuy'cha'
> taHqeq
>
> maj
>
> lenHom   "short break"
>
> yiHaDqa'
>
> <expressions>
> HIja'
> ghobe'
> lu'
> nuqneH
>
> <questions>
> 'Iv
> SoH 'Iv
> nuq
> Dochvam nuq (what is this?)
> nuqDaq
> nuqDaq 'oH puchpa''e' (where is the bathroom?)
> ghorgh
> ghorgh mamej (when do we leave?)
> qatlh
> qatlh QeH (why is he angry?)
> 'ar
> mughoS 'avwI' 'ar
> nIn 'ar wIghaj
>
> <phrases>
> DIvI' Hol Dajatlh'a'
> tlhIngan Hol vIjatlhbe'
> jIyaj
> jIyajbe'
> tIn  big
> mach small
> *'eq early
> *paS late
> *Sum near
> Hop far
> tuj hot
> bIr cold
> *qutlh cheap
> *wagh expensive
> maj good
> qab bad
>
> yIqIm!
>
> nuqneH
> tlhIngan SoH'a'
> HIja'
> tera'ngan jIH
>
> jIH
> SoH
> ghaH
> 'oH
> maH
> tlhIH
> chaH
> biH
>
> tlhIngan jIH
> tlhIngan SoH
> tera'ngan ghaH
>
> maj!
>
> <Dorn notes "pronouns" come to they end>
> [...]

I hate to mention, Qo'noS is not the homeworld.  it is a power generation
planet...

Back to archive top level