tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Jun 30 20:35:41 1994

qep'a' update

Spent some time on the phone to the Hotel yesterday, making sure that
everyone who had a reservation was actually on the list.  Seems they're
"training" some new people at the front desk who have a delightful talent for
screwing up.

As it stands now, I think everyone who is coming has a room reserved (unless
there are those among you who are coming but haven't told me so).  The
updated list of attendees (and their beverage and pizza preferences) is
below.

After the Hotel survives the Fourth of July weekend (and hey, this IS
philadelphia, remember) I'll be talking with them about the opening Banquet.
 I realize this is an added expense, but most of you will have driven a long
time and a good meal seems the best way to start things off.  The Banquet
will be a buffet, and should run about $16 (plus tax and tip).  Unless you're
totally destitute, please make an effort to attend the opening Banquet.  And
yes, there should be both vegetarian and kosher options available.

Since it appears we met our room quota, we get the meeting room for free!
 This is good stuff.  I'll be providing softdrinks for everyone, but since I
can't be filling my bathtub with ice every morning (I like to shower on a
regular basis) I've asked to have my room situated as close to the meeting
room as possible.  That way we can go back and forth for quick beverage runs.
 As such, if you have an ice chest that you're bringing along any for the
road trip, let me know if we can park it in my room and use it to keep our
sodas cold.

It's unclear how much media attention we'll be getting.  There's potential
for a lot (part of me wants to let all of you share in the
exhiliration/pain-in-the-ass of being interviewed over and over) but it could
fizzle. So, feel free to bring your uniforms and headpieces if you like.

See you in 10 days.

Lawrence

Member          Beverage         za Yes              za No
===========     =========      ================    ====================
Berreby         Coke/Seltzer   pepperoni           anchovies/raw onion
Cowan           clear pop?      everything but     shroom/onion/seafood
Dobelbower      7-up/GA        meat & cheese       anchovies
Ekstrom         Pepsi          olives & shrooms    meat!
Martin          7-up/GA        veggies & fruits    meat!
Schoen          DietCoke       MEAT!!! CHEESE!!!   Veggies! Yuck!
Shoulson
Speers          DietCoke       veggies             meat & olives
Yampell          ?????         meat & olives       all other veggies

Back to archive top level