tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Jan 27 21:09:53 1994

Translation help!

        Reply to:   Translation help!

jIjatlhneS:

  In my quest for filling my brain with tlhIngan vocab., I'm now looking
more closely for words I know (yeah!).  I just looked at this little
snippet and am thoroughly confused.  Can someone help?

>batlh choja', Matthew Whiteacre quv:

  Now, I know that "batlh" is "honor (n)" and "choja'" is "you tell me" and
"quv" is "be honored (v)".  But how do you put this all together?!?  Using
my OVS knowledge it comes out:

You tell me the honor, be honored Matthew Whiteacre...

  Can someone tell me where I'm going wrong?

  Qapla'!

-mat

Back to archive top level