tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Feb 27 00:32:19 1994

Re: Word used by Marnen

ghItlh HoD trI'Qal:
> How about:
>
> poH'e' jatlhnISbe'bogh Sov SuvwI'na'
> ("A true fighter knows the time when he doesn't need to speak.")

I don't see anywhere in this example the concept of stopping. It looks to me
like, "A true warrior knows the time which he doesn't need to say." Ug. I
don't think you wanted that.

Well, I have my suggestion for "A true warrior knows when to stop speaking,"
right here. It's a tad idiomatic, but hey, net pIHnIS.

{jatlh 'e' mevmeH poH Sov vajna'}

Aside from the odd grammar, would this kind of sentence be understood if I'd
just thrown it at you in some untranslated text.
Remember, {not mu'tlhegh yInoH DalaDmeH tlhIngan mIn Dalo'pa'}.
Never judge a mu'tlhegh before you read it with a Klingon eye, viz., don't
worry so much about the EXACT DIvI' Hol translation, just ask yourself, does
this make sense in tlhIngan Hol?

Guido#1, Leader of All Guidos

Back to archive top level