tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Feb 25 09:22:51 1994

A Valentine Horiscope

Clipped from "In Pittsburgh", an Arts and Entertainment weekley,
24 Feb-2 Mar.

REAL ASTROLOGY by Rob Brezsny

SCORPIO (OCT. 23-NOV.21): The ultimate challenge most Scorpios face is how
to synchronize their two ruling archetypes: the lover and the warrior. What
a daunting task: trying to nurture the tender, generous instincts of the
lover while simultaneously feeding the fiery discipline of the warrior!
The good news is that the weeks ahead present you with the best
opportunity yet to stoke your skills as a warrior of love. In this spirit,
I offer one of the few love poems ever written in Klingon, the language of
the fiercest warriors in the Star Trek universe: "toH qo' muSHa'pu'qu'mo
joH'a, wa' puqloDDaj nobpu' ghaH, 'ej ghaHbaq Harchugh vay', vaj not Hegh
ghaH, 'ach yIn jub ghajbeh ghaH."

Assembled comrades, you may take this however pleases you but I will offer
a few amateur thoughts.  A credit to my increasing knowledge I did notice
the misspelling of ghajbeh on the last line.  Also, even without my
Klingon Dictionary I noticed a lack of verb prefixes.  Some unnamed
he/she/it doing something.

So, I pulled out my dictionary and transliterated.  Even before trying to
check grammar I can figure out pretty much what he wanted to say and I am
less than pleased.  Then again, perhaps it's just me.

As I said, take this however you please.  For myself I will either try
my hand at something more Klingon in nature and send it in, or simply
ignore the whole thing, a much more likely prospect given my skill level
and the time I have available.

The frightening thing is my consort is a Scorpio.

Kordite, Chief of Intelligence, IKV Dark Justice, Klingon Assault Group

Back to archive top level