tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Feb 24 02:57:44 1994

Re: KLBC

>Excuse me... but WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS????? This does not help me
>understand anything at all.  It's a zillion bits all over the place which
>just confuses the heck out of me.
>
>Is there some way we can LEAVE THE NEW PEOPLE ALONE???  It's horribly
>confusing to get 15 different, well-meaning people teadching you 15
>different things in 15 styles.  It's getting to be like the regular list,
>only more so.
>
>Could we decide on a uniform teacher?  A uniform style?  A REASONABLY
>uniform level of ease/difficulty (going from "tlhIngan jIH" to the long
>sentence that chargwI', albeit ably, explained is very confusing also.)?
>
>I like the idea of KBLC... but if someone doesn't impose a little bit of
>uniform structure soon, it's going to go the way of the dinosaur.  Or
>I'll just blast my computer terminal out of frustration or something.
>
>And for all you really nice linguists who are just trying to help us new
>learners understand why a subarticle of the doo-whichy should be translated
>such-and-so instead of such-and-thus... CUT IT OUT!!!!!
>
>Give us learners a BREAK....
>
>DrujIv

I'm sorry if I confused anyone on the list.  I was trying to show how I
broke down a sentence, but I got a bit over zealous with the paranthesis.
I will leave the instructing for the more qualified.  I am still a beginner
and am definitely still in the learning mode (as evidenced by QelHo' vs.
Ho'Qel).

I would like to see the KLBC continue with dialogue in tlhIngan Hol, and
have a single grammerian assigned to watch over us and correct the mistakes
with a simple explanation.  I need to practice both reading and writing
tlhIngan Hol.  I'm tired of just trying to memorize things and would like
to put my knowledge (or lack there of) to use.

Some of you out there are bound to have things happening in your lives that
are as interesting as a visit to the dentist.  Please write a short bit in
tlhIngan Hol and post it.
              ____
             |INRI|
             |    |           Matt Whiteacre