tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Feb 24 02:42:15 1994

Re: Klingon Insults

I have to say, that of all the things I've seen on here lately, the
discussion of Klingon Insults has brought me the most amusement and pleasure.
 How better to get into the spirit of a language than to call one another
names?  Last summer, one of the first things I said to Krankor in Klingon was
"SoSlI' je," my attempt at "So's your mother!" spoken with all the derision
and scorn I could put into it.

So, I'm inspired enough to want to share this wonderful idea with other
Klingonists, specifically those who are in the KLI but don't read this list.
And, since the holorime contest comes to a close with the next issue of
HolQeD and I always like to have a contest running, I thought I'd mention
here that the March issue will feature the announcement of the KLI's Great
Insult Contest (or for those of you who have become so enamored of acronyms
lately, the GIC).  ;)

Start thinking up your insults folks.  But don't send them to me yet, I'm too
busy getting the March issue ready, I'll probably just lose them.  Though, if
you like, you can STILL send in holorime entries...

Oh, and by the way, from the credit where credit is due department: I will be
asking DrujIv for permission to reprint some of the original insults and the
context that started this idea.

Lawrence

:: Dr Lawrence M Schoen, Director   ::
:: The Klingon Language Institute   ::