tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Feb 22 21:09:36 1994

pegh in PK

Hey.

I was just checking out some stuff with the new words in Power Klingon (to
be appearing in a HolQeD near you sometime soon, we hope), and I realized a
usage I hadn't noticed before.

In the dialogue at the end, someone says "De' pegh vIghaj", which is
translated as "I have secret information".  Now, "pegh" as a verb is
translated in the dictionary as "keep something secret" (i.e. I might say
"De'vam vIpeghqang" for "I am willing to keep this information secret").
This sentence clearly uses it adjectivally, meaning "be secret".  It could
be a noun-noun construction, but somehow "I have the secret of information"
doesn't seem right; Okrand wouldn't have said that.

Just pointing it out to you folks.

~mark

Back to archive top level