tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Feb 18 05:00:18 1994

Re: beginners

>        Reply to:   RE>>beginners
>
>I know I WAY out of line here, but noone has commented on these...
>
>qor (and Marnnen):
>
>> suggest changing it from beginner to "new student" (ghojwi' chu')??
>
>and
>
>> 	It is nice to see so many worrying about the younger ghojwi'pu' on
>
>Please (pleaseplease?) use proper capitalization.  It's such a minor
>thing, I know, but my brain works on pattern matching and for
>some reason my brain says "-wi'" <> "-wI'".
>
>I'm really sorry to pick nits...
>
>Qapla'!
>
>-mat

You are not out of line and you are not picking nits.  You are
completely right and justified.  The policy of the list is to use
correct casing, and it is for exactly the reason you mention.
Marnen, in particular, has been incorrigible on this issue.  I have
tried begging, pleading, insulting-- nothing works.  I've given up
on him.  I seldom read his Klingon, though, because my eye just
can't parse the small i's.

                        --Krankor

Back to archive top level