tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Feb 16 23:50:09 1994

Re: KLBC

>      I think it is a great idea for most of us, but the Grammarians should
> still correct those who are incorrect. When the rest of us do so, two things
> happen:
>      1. The list gets flooded with repetitious corrections.
>      2. Often many of these corrections are themselves incorrect.

When I came on this list around Dec. '92, it was common practice for
the grammarian to send private e-mail to the poster of a message with
incorrect grammar.  I've not been writing to the list in tlhIngan Hol
much lately, and I'd like to think that when I do it's generally
correct {{;), so I don't really know if this is still the case.  In
those cases where a public discussion of a particular construction
might be beneficial, the grammarian then makes the post.

So, if you see a post with mistakes and there's no follow-up, it might
have been taken care of behind-the-scenes.

--Holtej

Back to archive top level