tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Feb 16 22:16:43 1994

Re: tlhIngan for fast/slow

On Feb 16,  3:44pm, [email protected] wrote:
> Subject: tlhIngan for fast/slow
>
> Is there a word for the adjectives fast or slow?  I wanted to say
> "the fast ship" at one point, and couldn't find anything to use for the
> adjective.  I could say "the ship moves quickly", but that's really
> bulky for such a relatively simple adjective...
>
> ...Paul

     You've just hit another one of those Okrandian illuminations. "Fast
ship" is really meaningless, since nothing about the ship is fast except the
action which it has the potential to perform. It is more appropriately
applied to the verb than the noun. {nom vIHlaHbogh Duj...} is probably the
best you can do.

charghwI'

Back to archive top level