tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Feb 16 08:53:52 1994

Re: Is there...

On Feb 16,  9:42am, Al Goodnis wrote:
> Subject: Is there...
>
> Another list for beginners?...
>
>          -qor

     The thing about a list like this is that people respond to what you
offer. If you don't submit things to draw the discussion toward your area of
interest, then you are on for somebody else's ride. This list can be better
suited to you only if you let us know what you want to talk about or learn.

     Nobody wants to shut you out because you are not a linguist. *I* am not
a linguist. There have been times when I was frustrated because the
discussion focussed much more attention to playing with obscure grammatical
constructions or comparing Klingon to aspects of various remote or artificial
languages and very little attention to expressing thoughts through Klingon.

     The point is that I stuck with it and pushed my own concerns upon the
list and they responded positively. Overall, the list is supportive of all
things Klingon, short of mindless ego trips (which pop up often and do
receive a modicum of tolerance).

     But if you are not up to the task of actively representing your
interests, then maybe you are not the Klingon type... If you'd like us to
intuitively figure out what you want and avoid any topic that makes you
uncomfortable, then this is indeed the wrong place for you.

charghwI'

Back to archive top level