tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Feb 16 08:43:42 1994

KLBC

mat,
   I am not a beginner, but would like to participate.  I have
taught a couple of classes and know how to keep things light and
easy.  I could also greatly use the practice and vocabulary
building.  I try to follow the conversation on the list, but don't
always have the time.  A begginers conversation won't take as much
time, but will still give me some practice.
   I would like to make one suggestion though.  Post a couple of
basic rules.  I know you won't really have a way to enforce them,
but hopefully people will be courteous enough to follow them.  Here
are my suggestions:

1. Keep all KLBC postings short and sweet.  Try not to introduce a
   lot of new words or complicated grammar concepts.

2. Leave ALL incorrect grammar alone!  Do not correct it.  We are
   all intelligent beings (we're here aren't we?); we'll all figure
   out what's going on with a little practice.  If you can answer
   the posting by using the correct grammar, maybe that'll help a
   little.  If you absolutely must say something, ask them to
   proofread their own post.  If they are interested, they will
   learn more by doing it themselves.  And if they don't respond...
   THEY ARE NOT INTERESTED - leave them alone!

 --------

> thlIngan Hol jIghoj
> DewI' jIghaj
> DewI' bIghaj 'a'?

'ej tlhIngan Hol vIghoj
De'wI' vIghaj

janSIy   }}:+D                              [email protected]

Back to archive top level