tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Feb 15 14:34:06 1994

Meaning in Klingon

I could not find a word for "meaning" in Klingon.

However, I was watching the TNG episode with Kaless, and in this
episode, Meaning seemed to be a very important issue.
Unfortunately, they didn't dicuss this meaning in Klingon,
so I didn't have a word to associate with it.

Perhaps "life's direction" might work?

Would that be "yInHe"? (Life's course?)

Or perhaps batlhHe?

I just started with Klingon, so don't be too harsh with me. :-)

In regards to the word "love" in Klingon, am I correct that it
is backwards with respect to English?

That is, in English, to be someone's love, the person is defined
as being the object of the verb love.  In Klingon, to love
is to make someone your love.... just my humble understaning
from only a few days of Klingon. :-)

Rob Lent

Back to archive top level