tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Feb 15 13:34:50 1994

"Is this seat taken?"

I found in the appendix under Useful Klingon Expressions
{quSDaQ ba' lu''a'} and I want to talk about this phrase. But the first item
of business is performing a typo-ectomy. That first {Q} should be {q} and
there should be no space between {ba'} and {-lu''a'}. So, it comes out
{quSDaq ba'lu''a'}. So, /this/ is canonical. We can't really deny that too
strongly since it is right there glaring at us from TKD, in its ugly,
corrupted, typo-ed form. Anyways, how do the opinions go along the lines of
using {-lu'} with intransitive verbs like {ba'}. Does {ba'lu'} mean "someone
sits." Can we also say things like {Qonglu'}, {yItlu'}, {Heghlu'}, etc.

Or not?

Guido#1, Leader of All Guidos  {{:-()

Back to archive top level