tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Feb 14 17:12:08 1994

Re: How do you say....

jatlhta' JoelAnderson:
> Have you taken care of the program bugs?
>
> I was trying:
>

> De'Wi'Daq ghunghachghew DaHoH 'a'?
>
> [Computer] [program-noun][bug] you kill ?
>
> Does that make any sense?

Yes. But "program-insect/bug" is idiomatic. Sorry, the grammar and all is
fine, but it doesn't sound very Klingon. I guess it depends on how Klingons
think of bugs and things like that. Do they annoy Klingons, are they a food
source, do they play some part in Klingon agriculture or economy?? Well, we
just can't tell. Anyways, what's wrong with {Duy'}? Or maybe {ghunwI' Qagh}?

I offer this:

{De'wI' Duy' DatI'ta''a'} or {ghunwI' Qagh DalughmoHta''a'}

Of course the former, might be used to refer mainly to problems with an
entire computer, rather than one of its specific programs. vaj mu'tlheghwIj
cha'DIch vImaSlaw'

Guido#1, Leader of All Guidos

Back to archive top level