tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Feb 12 05:40:14 1994

Re: Martial Art Form

\By the way, for those of you out there who are purists, the KLI is trying to
\obtain the Klingon from TNG and DSN scripts, so at least we'll have a better
\idea of what they were trying to say.  Not much luck yet, but hang in there,
\I'm expecting a lot more elbow room once the nonprofit status finally comes
\through.
	That would be handy.  Until the Addendum came out, I was quite puzzled
by the line from "Matter of Honor" when the officer accused Riker of lying.
All I knew was that it was much too long to be just {nep} or {neptaH}.  In
the addendum, it was cited as an example:

	nepwI' Daba! 		You act like a liar!

Needlessly circumloquacious, IMHO, but the writer probably thought that a one
syllable utterance would have been less dramatic. :)  "yIHarQo'" I recognized,
despite it being pronounced "yee-HARR-kwo", with a noticeable Southernish drawl
(something I've noticed on several TNG Klingons, actually...)

-marqoS

Back to archive top level