tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Feb 12 01:17:46 1994

More on vision and -ghach

marqoS wrote:

> I still think {leghlaHghach} is the best way to say "vision".
>  Let's not overreact back the other way about this whole -ghach
> business.  Yes, it was overused, but it is still a very useful
> suffix that provides the most succinct ways of expressing
> certain concepts in thlIngan Hol.

I couldn't agree more.  This is indeed the sort of situation that Okrand
describes for -ghach, for verbs ending in suffixes which otherwise could
never be used as nouns.  While I appreciate the fact that many of you are
rethinking your earlier position on -ghach (and frankly, I'm amazed at how
open minded folks are being in realizing they made mistakes), the device is
still there, and when appropriate should be used.

(climbing down from my soapbox)

Lawrence

:: Dr Lawrence M Schoen, Director   ::
:: The Klingon Language Institute   ::