tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Feb 11 23:12:20 1994

Re: Word used by Marnen

On Fri, 11 Feb 1994, Marnen Laibow-Koser wrote:

> ...wotDaq Dip choH net ta'laHbe'qu'law'.

	I am not sure I would have phrased this quite this was.  As I read
it, the -Daq is a locative suffix.  This would place the "DIp" in the "wot",
which is not what I think you meant.  The problem is that in DIvI' Hol the
word "into" has both a locative and a stative sense.  Here the DIvI' Hol
stative sense is used, as in the "DIp" changed into the state of being a
"wot".

	To express the stative sense, I would have probably used a form of
"moj".  The sentence  then becomes:

	wot moj DIp net choHlaHbe'qu'law'

Of course, these are just my senseless ramblings and should not be taken
too seriously.

Qapla'
Kevin

Back to archive top level