tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Feb 10 05:40:06 1994

Re: Computer languages

OK, I know you can do this with Unix, 'cos I've done it - you use the
alias command.

For DOS, it is slightly different.  If you are using ndos (Norton DOS),
then this has an alias command too, so that's the easy way - just stick
all the alias commands into your autoexec.bat file.  Alternately, call
another batch file which does all the aliases; this would be slightly
easier.  If you have MS-DOS, then it gets harder.  I don't know any
certain ways, not having tried it, but one way would be to create a
directory called klingon, and include this in your path variable.  You
could then have a whole set of batch files (ie files ending in .bat), and
each of these would contain 1 line - a normal DOS command.  Thus you
might have teq.bat, which would contain the line del.  This might cause
difficulties though in terms of arguments.  One other method is to go
through your DOS directory and change the names of all the files so that
they have klingon names instead of english ones.

	Good luck!

P.S.  All of the above are tried entirely at your own risk, so don't
complain if they trash your operating system.  If you're in any doubt,
just stick to english!

             ********    | "He's very English.  If he goes over the edge, the
*********   **********   | worst outward sign will probably be that his
    *        ********    | grammar will deteriorate."
      ********           | 	_Timetrap_ (David Dvorkin)

e-mail : [email protected]

The Top 10 Signs You've Watched Too Much Star Trek:
  4) You fly into a homicidal rage anytime people say "Star Trek? Isn't
     that the one with Luke Skywalker?"

Back to archive top level