tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Feb 09 20:04:01 1994

Re: Sayu'

On Feb 10,  1:36am, Guido#1, Leader of All Guidos responded to charghwI':
> >                     latlh Dataghpa' Qu' yIrInmoH
>
> Just one thing, I think this is fine, but it would be even better to swap
> the clause order: {Qu' yIrInmoH latlh Dataghpa'}, because then we know
> right off the bat that {latlh} refers to another *chore* ({Qu'}).
> Otherwise, the meaning of {latlh} remains vague until we read {Qu'}. Even
> so, I wouldn't mind seeing {latlh} first, if you like it that way. So, I
> admit I'm just nitpicking...

     I originally wrote it in your suggested order, but figured someone would
give me a hard time for not placing the main clause last. reH bep vay'...

charghwI'

Back to archive top level