tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Feb 09 12:32:21 1994

Re: Sayu'

>                     latlh Dataghpa' Qu' yIrInmoH

>                            DaparHa'

> charghwI'

Just one thing, I think this is fine, but it would be even better to swap the
clause order: {Qu' yIrInmoH latlh Dataghpa'}, because then we know right off
the bat that {latlh} refers to another *chore* ({Qu'}). Otherwise, the
meaning of {latlh} remains vague until we read {Qu'}. Even so, I wouldn't
mind seeing {latlh} first, if you like it that way. So, I admit I'm just
nitpicking. I had made a point to stop doing that, but I must be addicted to
it, or else I'm bored right now.

I also like ~mark's {nungwI' Data'pa' tlha'wI' yIta'Qo'}. His preference was
{nungwI' tlha'nIS tlha'wI'}, but that carries a meaning slightly more vague.
In this case, there is no real context from which we can infer its underlying
meaning, but it might be clear if spoken under certain circumstances.

This has been a presentation of Warped Minds, Inc.
I'm Guido#1, Leader of All Guidos, signing off ----*

Back to archive top level