tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Feb 09 03:42:52 1994

Re: Martial Art Form

-> "*barH" is
->not a word I'm prepared to accept on Dorn's say-so only (a Klingon
->word ending in "-rH"?), and "ghIHtal" for "to the death"?  Shyeah
->right.  Not without some better attestation, for me.
->~mark

I *knew* you guys weren't gonna like it!  But it sure looked
to me like a serious attempt to make up a new word, as it
was said several times.  This ensign girl was talking with Worf,
and she eventually says, "Doesn't ghIHtal mean 'to the death'?"
and Worf says, "you speak Klingon!" and by this time I'm
thinking for her, "No! I just made it up!"

Normally I =do= just ignore the Klingon jibberish on the
shows.. like that restaurant scene on DSN.. ugh!  But when
they actually say "X" means "Y", it makes you think twice...

[email protected]

Back to archive top level