tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Feb 06 20:52:36 1994

Re: word list

I'm still not convinced that the words themselves are copyrightable.
(In the Word List, that is) Now, a specific *arrangement* of words
certainly is, but enough people here have done original research and
enough non-TKD words have been added to the list that I don't think
anyone can argue that any word list that appears on this list could
possibly be a copyright violation. This is not to say, of course,
that I would want to be a test case for this! And there's another
issue involved, of course; this particular hobby depends on the good
will, or at least toleration of its acceptance, of Paramount
and Mark Okrand. Otherwise, we might just as well create our
own language. :D

-- Creede

Back to archive top level