tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Feb 06 06:32:34 1994

Re: pronouns as verbs

Considering the statement that pronouns can only have noun suffixes: I hate to
say it but it's wrong. Section 6.3, page 68. "pa'wIjDaq jIHtaH" and "pa'DajDaq
ghaHtaH la''e'" are both presented as examples of pronouns substituting the
verb "to be". While most persons on this list might not take advantage of this
fact, it's still available. Thus I must ask again: is "jIghaH" permissable? I
would say yes. But then again, it would make writing my translator easier, so
I'm biased.

        joy'wI'

Back to archive top level