tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Dec 21 17:49:34 1994

Re: Translating the word vampire

On Wed, 21 Dec 1994 [email protected] wrote:

> Hello,
> This is my first post here, so if I'm doing something, well, not
> properly, then I'm sorry..

The best way to learn is to attempt your own translation first rather
than asking someone to figure it out for you.

> Does anyone have asuggestion on how to translate the word "vampire" into
> tlhIngan-Hol? I'm looking for something short, simple and catchy (sorry,
> I'm a perefectionist.. :)

Short and catchy?  Hmmm... How about:

'Iw tlhutlhwI'		blood drinker
Heghbe'bogh lom		undead corpse
Heghbe'wI'		the undead
yInqa'bogh lom		the corpse which lives again
yInqa'wI'		the reanimated
mong chopwI'		neck biter
yInwI' wambogh HeghwI'  the dead that hunts the living

My favorite is {'Iw tlhutlhwI'} for no other reason than it's a
palindrome.  {{:-)

> 		Thanks,
> 		__QoH:

yoDtargh