tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Dec 16 12:08:33 1994

Re: Abbridged Klingon Dictionary

Previously, on this thread...

[email protected] (Bill Willmerdinger)
>  uu> From: "William H. Martin" <ur-valhalla!jm.acs.virginia.edu!whm2m>
>
>  uu> Klingon-English entries, I copied them into their appropriately
>  uu> sorted places in the English-Klingon side of my document. I
>  uu> then proofread the resulting English-Klingon side against that
>  uu> in TKD. The differences were remarkable. That's where I started
>  uu> annotating things.

> This is similar to what I'm working on, except for the fact that I'm using
> dBase IV.  I have fields for tlhIngan, English, part of speech, what source it
> comes from, and a memo field for notes.  When I have it pretty much finished,
> I'll print it.  I *have* been including non-canonical words, although I have
> them clearly marked.

Over a year ago, I OCRed TKD's lexicon into a dbase file, with fields for
english, tlhIngan Hol, part of speech, and comments. It will fit onto a
720k floppy (also has indexes). It was during this process that I noted
the "missing" words which William Martin noted above. Those which I found
were recently published in HolQeD.

'ej vaj tlhetlh...
Roger Sorensen                                 "...and so it goes."
St. John's University Computing Services         -- Linda Ellerbee
Collegeville MN 56321-2000

[email protected]      v:612-363-2035     f:612-363-2761
KLI member, too.

Back to archive top level