tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Dec 12 08:34:54 1994

Re: KLBC: -lu'be'

>Date: Sun, 11 Dec 1994 22:46:49 -0500
>Originator: [email protected]
>From: "William H. Martin" <[email protected]>

>According to Silauren Half-Elven:

>Unless Okrand makes a statement as to which is correct, there
>is no way to establish one as right and one as wrong. Just pick
>one and use it. Fortunately, the "wrong" spelling has no other
>meaning, so you can always tell that the person is referring to
>"suffix" no matter which of the two {moja?} spellings they use.

>I use mojaQ, for no particularly good reason.

Just so Guido#1 doesn't feel lonely, I should say that I use mojaq, also
for no good reason.  This doesn't make charghwI' any closer to wrong; what
he says above is quite correct.  Just be expected to be asked about
whichever spelling you use when someone can't find it in the dictionary,
that's all.

There's a saying in the Talmud, regarding arguments: These and these
[i.e. both sides of the argument] are the words of the living God.  Leaving
out the theology, the concept may be applicable.

>> --naQ'avwI'

>charghwI'

~mark

Back to archive top level