tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Dec 11 19:39:48 1994

Re: KLBC: -lu'be'

According to David Trimboli:

> On Sat, 10 Dec 1994 09:04:09 -0500 William H. Martin said:
> >
> >bIlugh 'e' vIHar. qechvam vIQubta'be', 'ach DaH vIyajchu'.
> >mojaQ Hut neH tlha'laHbe' //-be'// 'ej mojaQ Hut 'oHbe'
>  ^^^^^                                  ^^^^^
> >//-lu'//'e', vaj lughnIS //-lu'be'//. DIvI' Hol jatlhlu'chugh
> >vaj "We are not seen," jalthlu' je. toH, //wIleghlu'be'// rur
> >//wIleghbe'lu'//, qar'a'?
>
> HIvqa' veqlargh!  //mojaq// Dajatlh 'e' DaHechpu', qar'a'?

This is an apparent typo in TKD. It is spelled {mojaq} in one
half of the dictionary and {mojaQ} in the other half. If you
look it up in both the English-Klingon and Klingon-English
side, you'll discover this. Those of us who have retyped the
entire dictionary in order to get a single alphabetized word
list have each discovered this and similar delightful
discrepancies, like "cooperate", which is either jIj or yeq,
depending on which side of the dictionary you look.

> HubwI'
> (D.A.T.)
>
> QUIT

charghwI'