tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Dec 08 12:39:11 1994

Re: Prior Posting

> However, messages of that sort ARE related to tlhIngan-Hol mailing list,
> just as much as email or the computer is.  Had this *not* been a hoax,
> there would have been a real necessity for a message of this sort.
> It seems to me that if you don't agree, you're saying that you don't care
> if your computer gets @nuked or not.

As listowner, I have this to say.

Messages of this sort are NOT SUITABLE for tlhIngan-Hol. The logic you use
is simular to the logic that Canter and Siegel used when they spammed 8000
newsgroups with a posting because they felt it was important enough that
everyone should have the opportunity to read it, or the logic that
Clarence Thomas (NOT the supreme court justice) used when he posted his
document about the end of the world to 2000 newsgroups.

To date, I have gotten nearly a dozen copies of this hoax (and various
followups) through about as many mailing lists. (Amazingly enough, the
posting was actually on-topic for most of the mailing lists, too).

Please, keep postings like this OFF of tlhIngan-Hol. Unless you'd like to
translate it to Klingon (which is more than welcome), it's NOT appropriate.

Thanks. If you have any more to say on this topic, PLEASE say it in private
email. I'd like to get back to Klingon now.

									-WW

Back to archive top level