tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Dec 04 22:44:35 1994

jIlIHegh 'ach *poem* jImuch

*poem*-vam jIghItlhta' :

--------------------------
chalmey Doq
--------------------------
nuqDaq chalmey Doq
     vInajtaHbogh
          vIqawbe'taHvIS

ghoSlI' jaghmey'a'
     'a naj qu' law'
          Hoch qu' puS

waveghDI' tIq'e'
     bIDDaq HIv bID
          Hoch jeypu'

chalmey Doq jInajbe'
     vIleghqa'ta'neSpa'
--------------------------

I am new to the study of Klingon, and have started writing poetry, since
it's more fun than trying to say things like "See Dick run" or "I threw up
on the bureau of my aunt"

This is a hymn of sorts--a psalm perhaps.  There doesn't seem to be a word
for song, poem, psalm, hymn, or ode...*sigh*

I am having some trouble expressing 'the heart divided'.  I settled for a
more complicated // waveghDI' tIq'e' // [When the heart divides itself]  Is
it okay to use the 'e' in this case?  I feel that some extra emphasis is
needed but have no wish to stretch poetic license too far.

I would appreciate comments, but please be kind...I'm pretty new at this
and have no illusions about my proficiency.

mac

"When walking, walk.  When sitting, sit.  Above all, don't wobble."

                                        - author unknown

Back to archive top level