tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Dec 02 09:05:22 1994

No Subject

Hi!

I'm a beginner speaker. I've been reading the list with delight. I have
downloaded the pojwI' program from the ftp.kli.org and I love it! It's
become one of my 'can't live without it' programs.

Ok, I've been playing with word formations (It will take a while before
I tackle sentences). I came up with a few words and I would like to have
the begginer's grammarians look at it.

midshipman             -  botlh Dujbeq  or beqHom
messanger              -  De'nobwI'
orator (or speaker)    -  latlh jatlhwI'
laborer                -  vumwI'
judge                  -  noHwI'
major (of city)        -  vengqumwI'

ok, I've been trying to translate the meaning and not 'word by word'.
After looking up the meaning of the following terms in dictionaries and
encyclopaedias, The closest I could come to the next ones in meaning
is this:

branch Admiral         -  'ay''aj
rear Admiral           -  yav'aj

Thanks!  batlh Daqawlu'taH...
>From an exchange program at Starfleet Academy: Cadet and Klingons at a cliff
Krang: We like your sport called "bungee jumping" | bortaS, member of the   |
       human...                                   | tlhIngan wo' Degh at    |
Cadet: But you don't have a bungee cord!          | Trekverse....           |
Krang: SPLAT!                                     | tlhIngan Dun Duy'a'     |
Krong: Good one Krang!                            | to Gateway Station      |