tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Dec 01 13:21:27 1994

KLBC:An English to tlhIngan-Hol Transliteration Question

nuqneH!

	This is my first posting to this list.  I have just started
learning tlhIngan Hol.  I have TKD, CK, and PK.  I have listened to CK,
begun studying TKD and will soon listen to PK.  I have watched this list
for a while, seen the Web page, and appeared on the MUSH.  I will soon be
sending in my membership fee to the KLI.  I would like to get the back
issues of HolQeD to study as well.  You'll see more posts from me in the
future, hopefully with progressively more use of tlhIngan Hol.

	Enough of introductions:

On a few episodes of TNG, the legendary warrior-hero Kaless (random
spelling) is mentioned.  The name is invariably pronounced "kay-less".
There was also a TNG epidode with a female character named Kalest,
pronouced "kay-lest".  How would these names actually be pronounced in
tlhIngan Hol?  The closest I can come is "qeleS" and "qeleSt".  I could also
see a possible transliteration of "qaleS" pronounced, "kah-lehS".  What
is the proper pronunciation/transliteration?

jaqwI'

Back to archive top level