tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Nov 30 20:56:03 1994

Re: Hamlet -Reply

On Wed, 30 Nov 1994, Mark E. Shoulson wrote:

> >Date: Tue, 29 Nov 1994 14:10:52 -0500
> >Originator: [email protected]
> >From: "R.B Franklin" <[email protected]>
>
> >qechlIj vIparHa'.  QI'lop comes every tenth Klingon month and Empire Union
> >Day comes in the third month.  We could observe these holidays in October
> >and March.

> Say, where do you know this from?

It's on the PK tape.

> I'm not much on Trek trivia and don't
> have most of the books.  As it happens, lately I've been studying a few
> calendar-generating programs and several different calendars and how
> they're calculated, and was wondering about a Klingon one.  Anyone have
> information on stuff like the length of the Klingon year, how many months
> it has, etc?  I'd love to develop a calendrical system for it (and will do
> so if anyone has any info to go on).  Doesn'tt matter if it's not the same
> length as a Terran year; let it slide 'round the seasons!  So long as it's
> right withr espect to what's happening on Qo'noS (aside from the day-length
> problem, which I'd ignore: figure I'm counting Terran days to make a
> Klingon year).  Hee... fun and exciting leap-year structures, heh...
>
> Anyone care to wade through canon for this?

I'm pretty sure there is no canon example of the Klingon calendar, other
than the passing mention that Alexander was born on the "43rd day of
Maktag."  But I'm also pretty sure there is non-canon information on
this.  I think it came up during the recent discussions concerning Klingon
light-years.

> ~mark

yoDtargh

Back to archive top level