tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Aug 28 08:19:57 1994

Re: KLBC: choSov vIneh

charghwI'vo':
> According to A HORSE IS A HORSE:
[deletia]
> > tlhIngan Hol jIqab
>
> This is also not easy to say in Klingon. English has a kind of
> idiom to say, "I am good at this," or "I am bad at that," and
> Klingon does not have that kind of generic statement. Instead,
> you must think more specifically about what you mean. {qab}
> does not mean "be good at". It just means "be good".

PSSST!  charghwI'oy!  <qab> means "to be bad", not "to be good"!  {{:(

--tQ, who, for some weird reason, feels compelled to correct the
corrector as much as she was corrected when she was BG... if it ever gets
to be too much, tell her to shut up... and she will...

--
HaghtaHbogh tlhIngan yIvoqQo'!  toH, qatlh reH HaghtaH HoD Qanqor...?

--HoD trI'Qal		Captain T'rkal		---------------------
  tlhwD lIy So'		IKV Hidden Comet	|   [email protected]

Back to archive top level