tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Aug 26 04:03:23 1994

Re: KLBC: Another saying

> >> And how about this phrase for 'How do you say _(insert word)_ in Klingon?'
> >>
> >> chay' _____ Dajatlh tlhIngan Hol DajatlhtaHvIs
>
> >Pretty good, though it might seem more direct to say:
>
> > ______  chay' jatlh tlhInganpu'?
>
> >[...]
>
> >What think others?
>
> tlhIngan Hol vIjatlhqu'taHvIS wa' tera'ngan mu' vISovbe' 'e' vItlhojDI'
> vIjatlh:
>
> <whatever Klingon word> vIQummeH nuq vIjatlh?
>
> tlhIngan mu''e' vISovbe'DI' vIjatlh:
>
> <whatever Terran word> vIQummeH nuq vIjatlh?

'ach.....

<terran word> chay' Dajatlh'a'

I saw this questions similar to "Como se dice <Ice Cream>?"  Would one
need to add any reference to tlhIngan Hold if the question is asked *in
Klingon*?  I was taught that it was redundant to ask "Como se dice <Ice
Cream> en Espanol?"  Is the same true in Klingon?

Exploring the field:

Could one also say:

    <terran word> chay' jatlhlu''a'

           ...indicating no particular subject, similar to the English
"How does one say..."  as opposed to "How do I (or you) say..."?

chuQun

Back to archive top level