tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Aug 25 02:44:02 1994

transliterations

ghItlh trI'Qal'e':

[stuff about why transliterations are justifiable deleted]
>Except, of course, that list policy EXPRESSLY FORBIDS the use of
>tranlsiterations!  Geez, come ON folks!!!!!

>Am I really f**ked in the head, or is this in the FAQ or something?

Um, (as I peel myself off the wall here), do you suppose that if we
specifically mark our transliterations with ** or something as well as
indicate what the original name was, would that fit into list policy?

Had I done it like {*'ewrop* [Europe]}, would that be acceptable?

>--tQ

Guido#1, Leader of All Guidos

Back to archive top level