tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Aug 25 02:16:27 1994

Re: Grist for the mill..

According to [email protected]:

> pIj <ta'be'> neH wIlo'. Heghpu'DI' ta', ta'be' Saw ta' loDnI''e'.

Again, I'd press for {be'ta'} instead.

> ta' HoH rIntaH loDnI'vam'e', Qo'noS che' neHmo' ghaH. 'e' ghojDI' *Hamlet*
> bortaS nej. Suq'a'? (<--obvious sales pitch for Hamlet)

Hmmm. While I dislike {rIntaH} in general, I believe that in
ST3, the one line in which it is used places it AFTER the
subject. You can't tell from the examples in TKD because they
have no explicit noun as subject. I think the line is something
like:

lab'egh HablI' rIntaH.

Yes, the line is very strange. I remember it meaning something
like, "The transceiver has finished transmitting itself." If
someone else has the text to ST3 handy, please help out. As I
remember it, I think it deserves the alltime weirdo award among
all canon. Mostly, it succeeds in making sounds while the
actress's English-speaking lips move.

> Guido#1, Leader of All Guidos

charghwI'

Back to archive top level