tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Aug 22 23:18:11 1994

Re: Klingon Blood Colour

> >The only place that we have seen purple Klingon blood is ST6:The
> >Undiscovered Country.  Could this be either because of the particular
> >lighting aboard Qo'noS wa', or could we raise the possibility of
> >Klingons coming in different races (like the Federation).  After all, by
> >*visual* 'canon', we have seen three different races: classic ST
> >'human-fusion'(conjectural) Klingons, ST:The Motion(less) Picture
> >Imperial Klingons Mark 1, and ST3:The Search For Spock(Plot)/ST5:The
> >Final Frontier (Affront)/ST6:The Undiscovered Country/The Next
> >Generation Imperial Klingons Mark 2.
>
> Er, um.  Exactly what visual differences are you referring to in the
> "Imperial Klingons" Mark 1 and Mark 2?  I don't really remember any
> differences across the movie klingons.

In Star Trek: The Motion Picture, ALL the Klingons had the same head
pattern, which was a long vertebra-like ridge going over the head. These
are 'Mark 1' - my terminology.  Can someone else come up with something
better?

Since then (ST3/ST5/ST6/TNG/DS9), all Klingons have different forehead
patterns (the 'Klingon Hell' as Michael Westmore, the TNG make-up artist
calls it).  These are the 'Mark 2'

--
{qSeroHS vayn}

[email protected]

'Practise random kindness and senseless acts of beauty.'

Back to archive top level