tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Aug 21 22:57:08 1994

HeHDaq yIyIn

While we sing lullibyes to our young, I imagine Klingons
singing wakeup calls to their young, since the focus might be
less to lull them peacefully to sleep than to rev them up for a
successful day. Hence, my lyric for such a tune, accompanied,
of course, by a chuS'ugh, and especially as a surprise for any
child so dull as to not awaken before the parents can sneak up
on them:

HeHDaq bIyInbe'chugh vaj bIlI'Ha'.
chIch yInqu'bogh chaH je'laH SojlIj.
DaH yIHu' 'ej chIch yIyInqu' pagh yIHu' 'ej yIHaw'.
reH puqpu'chaj buD neH HoH vav QaQ SoS QaQ je.

If THAT doesn't get you out of bed...

charghwI'

Back to archive top level